Saturday, December 22, 2012

NBT Thing

The indefatigable rob mclennan tapped me to answer these interview questions and pass them on.



What is your working title of your book?

Transition

Where did the idea come from for the book?

After looking at the sequences I’d been writing for the last few years I realized that what they all had in common was that all the poems were engaged with the process of “carrying across” meaning from one to discourse to another.

What genre does your book fall under?

Poetry/ translation.

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

I think Helen Mirren could do a good Gertrude Stein. Someone in the Skarsgard clan could pass as bpNichol. With some CGI I can cover Mayakovsky myself.

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

A book of alternative translations, ranging from homolinguistic to homophonic to ekphrasic.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

I haven’t sent it out yet.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

I’m still working on it, but it includes poems I started five years ago.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

Translating Translating Apollinaire, Six Fillious, Zygal, Frogments from the Frag Pool.

Who or what inspired you to write this book?

The avant-garde tradition in western literature.

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

It’s got it all: image-music-text, verbi-vocal-visual, comics to captchas.


I was supposed to tag five more writers, but I could only find two people to play, Greg Betts, and Jonathan Ball (who immediately tagged me back). There you go.

1 comment:

emily chan said...

Hi,

That sounds wonderfully interesting.

Advance glance for Transition..
When will it happen?

ec